Aatmnirbhar Saksham Dharavi
Support this fundraising campaign to provide Skill Development Trainings and Infrastructure to marginalized crafts people community of dharavi to create export quality products and live a decent life.
Our mission is to focus on the skills training and vocational training of the Craftsmen so that goods of export quality with the latest technology can be made here while also giving certain benefits to their families in the sectors of health, education, sanitation, arts, sports and music through our point-based program called SOCCS.
About Wayshowers Foundation
To address the problem of creating and maintaining high-quality products, an NGO called Wayshowers Foundation was created for which funds are being raised. The NGO focuses on the skills training and vocational training of the Craftsmen so that goods of export quality with the latest technology can be made here while also giving certain benefits to their families in the sectors of health, education, sanitation, arts, sports and music through their point-based program called SOCCS.
90 Feet is our registered brand that aims to create a sustainable eco-friendly range of products using the latest materials like plant leather, recycled plastic, and fabric, etc. It is a very Dharavi centric brand. We aim to tie up with best design schools like NIFT or ISDI, Mumbai to create an inventory for the brand. The brand will be promoted for retail, corporate, and export sales.
- Empower the craftsmen by generating more income for themselves.
- Enable the illiterate yet skilled and enterprising craftsmen to leverage the power of the web so they can sell globally.
- Make Dharavi a world-class manufacturing hub by upgrading skills and knowledge.
- Enable slum dwellers to voice their right to livelihood and adequate housing.
- Contribute to India’s financial and social economy.
- Safeguard the legacy of arts and crafts and give dignity to the craftsmen as their craftsmanship brings joy to all our lives.
There are 5 key steps to be taken to scale the business and the program:
- 90 feet – Build a Sustainable Signature Brand
- Bulk orders- Generate large scale orders through B2B sales
- Retail- Place branded, made in India products in strategic shops
- Skill Training- Start the 16 hours certified course on product enhancement and quality control for craftsmen
- Fablab- Create one ideal 500 sq ft workshop in Dharavi as a role model.
Impact So Far
- Job creation and financial stability for more than 300 artisans.
- Their craftsmen’s incomes have risen by 20-30%.
- More than 3 lakh products made and sold with total sales of around Rs 2.5 cr in 5 years.
- Their craftsmen have created export quality products in bulk and shipped to all 5 continents.
- Their craftsmen now work with designers from top design schools and have been introduced to new software and technologies, understanding quality control or showcasing with final packaging and top-notch photography.
- By putting the crafts and skills online, the world is acknowledging and respecting the hidden talent of the slum craftsmen and are no longer looked at as liability.
- By huge, positive media coverage the world over, stereotypes have been broken and the world is ready to give Dharavi craftsmen a chance to showcase their skills.
For further details about the campaign, please contact our team on the below details :
Ms. Megha Gupta
₹2500 - ₹4999
As a token of gratitude, our organization will provide a Money Clipper made by our craftspeople in Dharavi to anyone who donated Rs. 2500 and above.
₹5000 - ₹9999
As a token of gratitude, our organization will provide a Gratitude Jar made by our craftspeople in Dharavi to anyone who donated Rs. 5000 and above.
₹10000 - more
As a token of gratitude, our organization will provide a Genuine Leather Laptop Bag made by our craftspeople in Dharavi to anyone who donated Rs. 10000 and above.